Monday, February 20, 2006

Delays, delays...

I've not gotten as far on the new sock by now as I'd hoped. I arrived back home yesterday to find that my husband had a "crisis". One of the waist straps on his kilt was coming off and needed to be repaired immediately! 5:00pm on a Sunday and I'm supposed to find someone to mend his kilt... Uh huh...

I did a little knitting last night but today I decided that mending the kilt myself would leave me with more knitting time than driving all over town trying to find someone who could mend it. Bear in mind I've never mended a kilt before... but how hard could it be???

I went to pick up some strong thread to sew the leather strap back on. Did you know that the hand sewing needles called sharps can actually be pushed through leather with a thimble? I know that now. And if your finger's in the way they'll go through that too.

So now I sit here with a band-aid on my finger wondering if the pain has subsided enough to knit. Can you say glutton for punishment? I already rubbed a callous on my finger from knitting so long the other night. Didn't know I could do that either...

As promised here's the pic of the finished sock. I have gotten far enough with the next one that I've finished the ribbing and started the lace. I think I'm going to make it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Callous on your finger! Dang, quit whimpering and put a bandaid on that thing and keeping going! Just kidding. You really got a callous?! I had some blisters on my finger tips when I first started knitting, but never a callous. You are definitely diehard. My scarf is coming along with some pretty stripes in the middle. I only knit when I sit down, so haven't had a whole lot of time lately. Trying to keep up with everything else... Post more pics when you have a chance!