Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Knitter is a Knitter!

If you know how to knit and purl, that's it! You already know every stitch you need to become an accomplished knitter!

What separates beginning knitters from advanced knitters? The advanced knitters know how to put those two simple stitches into more complex patterns, or maybe they're just less afraid to try. The beginning knitter looks at an Aran sweater and thinks, "Gosh, I could never do that!" Well, the knitter of that Aran was once a beginner like you.

So what if you have a frog a project a few times? Everybody does.

My sock got ripped out because (as usual) I found myself neglecting my yarn overs. That's what makes the little holes in lace. Sheesh... What a mess! Back to square one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, so I didn't know I was going to make it to your blog. hee hee :) You'll have to answer my question about the beginning and ending stitch on the purl side. AND what the heck is a yarn over?! Video, please... :)